Like wine, oysters draw their unique flavors from their environment. Oysters taste like the sea, but the sea tastes different in every bay. Today, there are at least 300 unique oyster appellations in North America, each producing distinct and often dazzling oysters. The Oyster Guide provides a tour of those appellations and a taste of what’s in my book. Want to weigh in with your own comments and reviews, and find other oyster lovers’ favorites? Visit my sister site, Oysterater.
Different oysters suit different occasions and different people. If you haven’t yet been wowed by oysters, you may well have been dallying with the wrong ones. Save yourself time, money, and heartbreak by picking an oyster eater profile, then finding your matches.
New oyster tastings and reviews of oyster bars and festivals
- 03/12/15 OysteRater is Live! | Comment »
- 03/07/15 Oyster Omakase in NYC March 18-20 & 25-27 | Comment »
- 01/12/15 Aww Shucks 6 at Bluebird Tavern Jan 25 | Comment »
- 10/14/14 New York Oysterlovers Meetup 10/26 | Comment »
- 09/13/14 Shaw’s 26th Annual Oyster Fest, Sept 26 | Comments Off
- Subscribe (RSS) | More »