Like wine, oysters draw their unique flavors from their environment. They taste like the sea, but the sea tastes different in every bay. Today, there are at least 300 unique oyster varieties in North America, each producing distinct and often dazzling oysters. The Oyster Guide provides a tour of those appellations and a taste of what’s in my book. Want to weigh in with your own comments and reviews, and find other oyster lovers’ favorites? Visit my sister site, Oysterater. Need a primer? Read my 20 New Rules for Oyster Eating.
Different oysters suit different occasions and different people. If you haven’t yet been wowed by oysters, you may well have been dallying with the wrong ones. Save yourself time, money, and heartbreak by picking an oyster eater profile, then finding your matches.
New oyster tastings and reviews of oyster bars and festivals
- 01/29/17 Free Workshop & Business Competition for Southeast Shellfish Folks | Comment »
- 01/06/17 Astounding Oyster Paintings | Comment »
- 12/18/16 Euro Flats in Art History | Comment »
- 12/07/16 Oyster Gift Guide 2016 | Comment »
- 12/07/16 A Visit to Moon Shoal oyster farm with America’s Test Kitchen | Comment »
- Subscribe (RSS) | More »